Friday, December 23, 2005


If a tree falls in the forest does anybody hear it? If two gay guys fall for each other in the forest,does anybody hear it? Apparently so! Hollywood has produced its first gay western and it seems to be leading in the best picture category in the upcoming Academy Awards in the new year. Brokeback Mountain has already won top awards in New York and Los Angeles and several nominations for Golden Globes. It's not Shane i know but i wonder is this the start of things to come in Hollywood?I consider myself a pretty liberal guy and not homophobic(after this blogging,i might be considered one) but i guess im from the old school and still hold a few things sacred. They're screaming its a masterpiece,the writing, acting and cinematography is out of this world!Will i say that's great, but im sure most who go to view won't notice anything other then the theme. The last time i attended a movie i didn't like it was called"Titanic"and my wife weeped,wiped her eyes and nose so much i wouldn't let her put her fingers in my popcorn i had. I wouldn't let anyone put their fingers in my popcorn this time around for sure if i decided to go.We had films such as "Philadelphia," about gay men before and that one drove home a message about aids.This one im not quite sure what the message will be but im sure someone will tell me.

Looks like Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal will be pretty popular after this one in quite a few circles. Read today it's already called the gay "Gone with the Wind." I bet they'll be invited to join in a few parades.yes,yes,i know what your thinking but after reading this press release {"This is our gay 'Gone With the Wind,' " says Neil G. Giuliano, the former Republican mayor of Tempe, Ariz., and current president of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, a national organization that tracks the representation of gay men and lesbians in the media. Early Sunday night, GLAAD sent out a press release touting the film's three-day box office take of $544,549 in five theaters -- "the highest per-screen average ever for an adult drama, according to Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc." Adds Giuliano: "This is a monumental gay film."} all i can say is "frankly my queer,i don't give a damn!"

4 comments:

Justin said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

EDITORS: Ghost Rider said...

Hey when I opened up your blog and seen Alan Ladd in his buckskins and colt 45 strapped on I got all excited...not that I ever had the hots for the man just that it is my favorite movie.....What do you expect out of Hollywood it is just another of promoting the Gay agenda...I think the should rename the movie to Busting His Hump Up On The Mountain

Table Mountains said...

the movie shane was probably out for ten years by the time i got to see it.became bit of a hero worship thing for me.i doubt if this will do the same for kids of today but you never can tell.shane became a timeless classic and the sad thing about brokeback mountain it might just turn out the same the way the movie industry is going today.the duke must be turning over in his grave : )

EDITORS: Ghost Rider said...

Wayne I first see the movie in 1956 in Livingston Tennessee 3 years after it release and I am still watching it today along with one of the Dukes all time best the Searchers.