Monday, September 04, 2006


OH NO! Another day of blogging against the religion of peace!
It's a slur on Islam says cleric Sheik Mohammed Omran, Melbourne, Australia. Apparently Ayten Ahmet a 16 year old girl wants to win the Miss Teen Australia Beauty pageant and be normal like most other young girls her age.The young lady who plans to combine modelling with an accounting degree, said the criticism was disappointing and unnecessary.(look,she even has a mind of her own,this must really infuriate the cult!)Victorian Islamic leader Yasser Soliman said the contest did not conform with the teachings of the Koran.(no shit!)
"I thought it would be good experience and an opportunity to have a bit of fun," Ms. Ahmet said. "The cameras are something I love." (fun and Islam,an oxymoron for sure!)
Mean while half a world away the first Muslim Miss England,Hammasa Kohistani,19,has accused Prime Minister Tony Blair of stereotyping the Islamic community in Britain after the terrorist attacks there.This young womans family came to England when they fled the Taleban in Afghanistan.The family should of stayed there and fought the Taliban, maybe then they could exercise that same fredom of speech in Afghanistan. Maybe then a family in my province,the family of Richard Francis Nolan who died in Afghanistan yesterday would not be in so much sorrow today.


The youths of the Western world will die to preserve the freedom of all who want to live in democracy in our part of the world. Some will respect that but certain others will not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't think those girls would be allowed by family to participate in beauty pagents. the little one from australia is pretty and i bet she's intelligent.i hope she can go on to win.miss england wouldn't of wom miss congenality for sure.lol

been looking at your sandpiper photos on the dowhome place.can you do something with them in your blog?

Anonymous said...

“From what i can read on internet blogs and see on the news…” (sic) I suppose that pretty much sums it up in that your points of views are not only based on whether you are somehow “connected” or not, along with the often unintentional biased perception of what you “choose” to read or see to support said arguments but there is a tendency as well to completely polarize the west and the middle east into black and white in that all which is western is good while all that is muslim is evil. I am not implying either that the opposite holds true but to relax somewhat in ones denial, the perspective will shift from the black/white into a grey where your mind will be a little more open. Not for a moment am I indicating justification or acceptance for any Islamic terrorist actions but I urge you to pursue learning more about the history in the middle east especially the Arab/Israeli conflict as well as the American foreign policy in the middle east while keeping in mind that to understand a situation does not mean that you accept it. I grew up on the south coast of Labrador where my only connection to the outside world was the CBC along with subscriptions to Rolling Stone and Macleans and very quickly realized that my opinions were based on those of others along with my western system of values and morals where differences were viewed with judgment simply because they were just that…different! And while eventually not allowing those to be sufficient, I have since had the opportunity to experience such muslim countries as Somalia, Kuwait, Pakistan (with a 3 year stint coming up in December), UAE and Malaysia. I have also done some time in Serbia and Romania and Monday I leave for South Africa (though not muslim countries they are those which have a notable history of conflict). This past September 11th I was in Abu Dhabi and noted that that there was a memorial there but generally it was quiet and while CNN rebroadcast the horrific and tragic events from 5 years ago I had to turn to the second page of the local “Khaleej Times” to get the scoop. And while I tried to find the grey, I wandered and noticed the Canadian flag doing it’s “true north strong and free”…in front of the Abu Dhabi Mall and with the sweat running down the crack of my arse, I saluted it and Rick Mercer’s National Igloo. Turns out that The Canada-based Centennial University opened its offshore campus in Dubai. My citizenship over time has become more global, though I will always consider myself a Newfoundlander and a Labradorian but that matters not to my rigid muslim Pashtun friend Rafik who continues to scold me because I have been baptized and I don’t go to church on Sunday.