Friday, March 31, 2006



The Newfoundland & Labrador 2006 - 2007 Hunting and Trapping guide has arrived! On the island this year we have 26,255 moose licences available. A decrease of 205 from last year. For the Caribou hunt,there are 4,635 available and that's a decrease of 907 from last season. This year for the first time we'll see Sunday hunting beginning on November 5 and continuing until the closing of the season. Area 10,Port Aux Basques,my hunting area, has 375 either sex licences and 275 bul only,or calf licences available.(no change from last year) The moose and caribou permits are $52.00 plus the HST for Premier Danny. Anyone wanting to know more about our wildlife and plant species in the province ,can click here to find out more.

2 comments:

pat said...

HELLO!!!

No one ever said I was original... :)

Toby said...

I love Caribou. It's the best meat I've ever had. My step dad heads up your way, not to NF, but on the arctic circle straight North from Wisconsin, almost every year. He didn't go last year, I sure hope he goes this year.

The last time I was in Montana I stumbled upon a baby Moose. Look close in the very center. I didn't want to get any closer, even though I couldn't see mom, I knew she was close by.