Wednesday, March 22, 2006


World's greatest tool. No it's not me!I didn't even place in the top 20. Forbes.com compiled its list of the 20 most important tools of all time and it looks like Duct Tape has made it to the top. Red Green must be smiling today. Anyone who hung around with me knows of my love for this great invention.It's my Mastercard, i don't leave home without it. It's in the trunk of my car, aboard my ATV and found in several places around my house. For some reason i caught on real early to the value of this product and always had a few handy.
On February 10, 2003, with government intelligence agencies indicating a high risk of terrorist attacks, the Department of Homeland Security advised Americans to prepare by keeping emergency supplies on hand. The requisites included food and water, a first-aid kit, and, in case of a biological or chemical attack, plastic sheeting and duct tape. Now i know being far away from the good ol U.S. of A. should of made me feel safe, but the same day a Canadian Tire Flyer came out with a sale on Duct Tape. On the way home from work that day i picked up a 24 pack of Duct Tape just to be on the safe side. I printed off the article by the American Government agency and Duct Taped it to the refrigerator so my wife could read it. She still whined more then a cruise missle homing in on target but im sure i'll convince her this evening the importance of Duct Tape. I printed off the Forbes article and Duct Taped that to the fridge also. Sleep good tonight Red Green wherever you are!

2 comments:

NL-ExPatriate said...

LOL I actually saw a plane that had a bird strike patched with duct tape. I asked the pilot about it and he said that the duct tape patch was on there now for over a month, the tape was starting to fray around the edges. In the airforce they call it 500 mile an hour tape because of just this type of thing.

I would like to add Zap straps to that most usefull of items. Plastic tie wraps can't live without them.

Toby said...

Wayne, you're quite the comedian. LOL!

I'm also a big fan of duct tape and Red Green. My neighbor works for a company called Specialty Tapes, he's given me all kinds of tape to play with. Double sided, every color of electrical and even test varieties of a duct tape knock off. But, my favorite is a variety of electrical that melds into a tube once applied around the wires.

A year or so ago one of the big duct tape plants blew up here in the U.S. I wonder what that glue is made of.