Tuesday, January 03, 2006



I prepared for winter and now i think i've been let down by it! We put our studded snow tires on back in December,purchased cases of -40 winter wiper fluid,new snow shovel for the trunk of the car and flash light for the glove compartment.Usually by now im compaining at work about the driving conditions on the TCH to my employer, but so far this year most mornings i can do the speed limit plus thingy to Port-Aux-Basques from Cape Ray. Will i guess while im waiting for winter i can find something else to complain about.
The federal election is just turning out friggin boring from my view here in NL. The premier has asked the three party leaders to outline their position on certain issues such as energy, the fishery, Marine Atlantic, Labrador and economic development but received no reply. First few days into the election Paul,Stephen and Jack all came down to talk turkey but lately must of consumed to much turkey to respond. I say,the hell with them and lets invite Gilles Duceppe down,give him a list of our concerns and he can past them on to the other guys.
The NDP recently announced they have officially nominated candidates in all 308 ridings across Canada. It's their best yet,out of the 308,only 168 have claimed to of seen UFO's. Less then half of them have claimed to be abducted and only Svend Robinson said he was anal probed while on aboard. Will that's the best selection since the formation of that party,congrats Jack! Will that's enough for today................but if your not to busy, click on my link and go to the Downehome web awards,scroll down to category communities and vote for "tablemountain.blogspot.com/
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

NL-ExPatriate said...

LOL sweet!

I especially like the Probe comment considering the MSM are referring to the Income trust investigation as a Probe LOL!

Dam that Cloud berry, Bake Apple looks some good!

Strow said...

yeah its hasnt heated up here in thsis area yet Wayne.

It is a little early to worry about the snow yet. I have a feeling that in a month you will have a post complaining about all the snow. You know what its like here for that.

Vote for your site every day when I come to work. What do you get if u win?

Table Mountains said...

john,i have no clue to the prize.(lol)probably they'll let me use their logo to advertise for them on my site.the gulf news actually interviewed me about my blog this morning and it might appear in next weeks paper.slow news week (lol)it's my little soapbox to the world and keeps me out of trouble...so far..

Table Mountains said...

jb,i have never met the man but his name is jim irving. mr.irving served with the RCAF on the table mountains near my community during WWII.