Monday, January 23, 2006



It's the big day! I dropped in the polling station on the way to work this morning to cast my vote. In Cape Ray.NL,we have 263 eligible voters.That might not make a great impact on the 39th general election in Canada but hopefully most of the residents will take the time to go to the poll. I doubt if any of the four candidates even dropped in the community during the pass eight weeks of campaigning. Im sure no matter which one we elect in our district to represent us, they will not mention Cape Ray, or thank its people for having confidence enough to vote for them in their victory speech tonight. We are probably the poorest community in all of the riding of Random-Burin-St. Georges and if anyone disagrees with that, they can click here to find out why i think so. I doubt after another four years of representation in Ottawa by tonights winner my community will be any better off. One can only vote and hope.

I placed the photo of the Arab woman here to show how proudly they hold their stained fingers aloft after the success of being able to vote in an election for democracy. I didn't hear bombs exploding, mortars falling, and machine gun fire on the way to the polling booth this morning in Cape Ray.I didn't hear it because no matter who wins this one, we'll still have a democracy tommorow morning.

2 comments:

NL-ExPatriate said...

Great Pic!
Thanks and we can only hope for better things to come in NL!

Anonymous said...

Wayne,

Bravo! I hope most other Canadians share you sentiments.

I read last week that in the most recent Bosnian Election 93% of eligible voters actually voted.

We need more participation in the process and less apathy.

Vote for whomever you want, but V O T E !

--
Live strong and have a nice day, - "Nil carborundum illegitimi"!

M

Over 1200 Links at Http://MacArthur.Funknstyle.Com - NL Link of The Week: "Bill Montevecchi"